The Teva Men's Hurricane is our pick for the best hiking sandals, which has a synthetic outsole and is made with high quality textile material. It has a 1.5-inch heel and has a rugged outsole material that is good for delivering traction.
Our step-up pick is the Teva Men's Katavi and it is a combination of mesh and suede for added durability. The design is for sporting and outdoor activities with a pull-on loop on the rear part. It has an open toe design and its shank is made of nylon.
The budget pick is the Teva Women's Universal and it is meant for women with comfortable fabrics. It has a durable rubber outsole and it has a shaft that measures 0.88 inches right from the arch. It also has a 1-inch heel design.
- A Little Background
- How We Picked
- Our Pick
- Flaws but Not Dealbrakers
- Step-up Pick
- Budget Pick
- Best Hiking Sandals for Men
- Best Hiking Sandals for Women
- Best Hiking Sandals with Near Full Coverage
- Best Hiking Sandals with Soft Fabric Lining
- Best Hiking Sandals for Kids
- Best Hiking Sandals with Odor-Resistant Treatment
- Best Hiking Sandals with an EVA Footbed
- The Competition
- Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping It Up
A Little Background
Hiking sandals are important to choose well for the journey up ahead. These types of footwear are important to keep you cool and comfortable with your journey. They are different from regular slippers in the sense that they are built for tough weather, harsh elements and rocky surfaces. They are the ones that are meant for outdoor trekking, camping, trailblazing and backpacking. They are durable enough to withstand these adventures so it’s best to use them instead of other footwear.
Sandals are more breathable for traveling purposes compared to wearing shoes. The open design of this kind of footwear makes it more ideal for summer adventures and open air walks when you want a breather from your usual shoes. They have an open toe and heel design and they can be better with breathability than with other types of footwear, yet still make you feel secure compared to a pair of slippers that you usually wear going to the beach.
Hiking is not really an easy task if you are not dressed properly. Hiking requires not just skill but also safety measures in order to be successful without the likelihood of injuries. Hiking is also beneficial for your health and for your sense of adventure, so you must dress up properly, including putting the right footwear so that your feet do not suffer when you are out in the wilderness or in the trail, especially when going uphill.
Today, some of these footwear are designed so they are a cross between a sandal and a shoe. There are unique designs today that are not simply innovative, but also very beneficial to hobbyists and professionals on a hike. They can be great in terms of breathability, durability and protection for your feet as you travel on difficult terrain. Having shoes is important for rough terrain, but with enough breathability, you can function better.
While color choice is also important, the material that makes up the footwear is the highest necessity of all. Colors can fade, but material can last for a lifetime. However, colors of a footwear can also be important to signify that they are yours, or for adding a reflective material to you when hiking on low light conditions. They can also add some sense of personal style to your getup, making the whole hiking experience awesome.
When you choose the right footwear, you won’t easily get tired on any adventure. Remember that your feet does nearly all of the work when you go on a hiking trip. No one wants to trip and fall due to rocky areas and steep climbing because they wore the wrong kind of footwear. Therefore, it is important that you choose what your feet wear carefully in order to prevent yourself from danger.
How We Picked
When we picked the best hiking sandals for your needs, here are what we considered for you:
Style: some have the traditional style but some are a hybrid of a sandal and a shoe, so they look pretty interesting and unique. Having a footwear style that best fits you is important, since you will be the one who will be wearing the footwear and you know what you think is best for you and what is more comfortable for you than anyone else. It is a matter of personal preference in this case.
Materials used: the materials that will be used for this kind of footwear should be able to withstand rain, puddles, wind, bad weather, rocks and other rough stuff outside, so it should be very durable to be used for a hike. It should be of quality materials so that over time, it will not be flimsy and degrade. Having a quality footwear for your hiking activity is important to prevent injuries later on.
Color choices: colors give a sense of individuality to a wearer. The color choice can differ among men and women, but the gender gap is narrowing nowadays and women may also choose sporty and masculine colors for their footwear. If you want to use the footwear for low light hiking then consider vibrant colors or reflective material to keep you safe.
Size choices: there can also be many sizes for you to choose from in this kind of footwear, and this is why the manufacturer must have a size chart that is very true to size. It should not completely run small or large, or the seller should tell you otherwise, so you can pick the appropriate size right off the bat without worrying about having to return it if you buy it online.
Men or women: this kind of footwear can be worn by both genders so it is important to pick one that is more suited for your gender. Men usually have bigger and wider feet while women tend to have a slimmer profile with their fit and a different curve to them as well.
Age group: you should also know who will use the footwear, as different kinds and sizes can be targeted for different age groups as well. While there are many size choices for a model, there may be specific models that are made for kids, for seniors, etc. so you should look around first.
Length and difficulty of your hike: you should also know how long you need to hike and what is the difficulty level of your destination. If you are treading on really tough and steep terrain then you should definitely get a non-slippery footwear to make you safe while on the trail or on the road. Consider one that is totally comfortable and will keep your feet to the ground safely.
Water-resistant qualities: there may also be some designs of these footwear that have water-resistant qualities, which makes them really ideal for bad weather, such as when it rains or when you need to tread over mud puddles, lakes and most bodies of water. In case they get wet, they should not make it slippery for you and they should also dry quickly and not leave an off-putting smell due to mold buildup.
As our top pick, the Teva Men's Hurricane is a durable one that is made with a synthetic outsole that also has rubber material on it. There are also some parts made with textile for a cool look and the sport design makes it ideal for adventuring outdoors.
Flaws but Not Dealbrakers
The only concern that is not a deal breaker with the Teva Men's Hurricane is the fact that its style is for men, but there are many others that are for women, anyway.
Our step-up pick is the Teva Men's Katavi, which has a nylon shank so that you stay stable on any kind of hiking ground. It has an open toe design and has a heel that measures 1 1/4 inches. It has a durable rubber outsole that also comes along with the mix of suede and mesh material over the footwear.
The Teva Women's Universal is our budget pick, which is made for women with a rubber outsole and a combination of good fabric that is gentle and comfortable for women. It has a 1-inch heel and has a half-inch platform, with a shaft that spans from arch at 0.88 inches. It has many designs to choose from as well, from pinks to blues to violets.
Best Hiking Sandals for Men
Being true to size, the Atika Men's M110 is a good choice for men that has many colors to choose from and has secure Velcro straps for simple attachment. The foot bed is also designed to be contoured with 3D molding and the arch support is pretty good. The insole part is also well-cushioned for adding comfort to the wearer.
Best Hiking Sandals for Women
For women, we picked the KEEN Women's Rose, which also comes in various colors and is fastened by a hook and loop strap. Its platform is at 1 inch and it has a 1 1/4 inch heel with a rubber outsole. A combination of textile and leather makes up the straps and its rubber toe bumper is good for protection.
Best Hiking Sandals with Near Full Coverage
For nearly full coverage, the KEEN Men's Newport looks like a shoe but it is really a pair of sandals. Made with an EVA foot bed, it is made with webbing made of polyester that easily dries. Its shank is made from TPU material as well.
Best Hiking Sandals with Soft Fabric Lining
A combination of synthetic and textile materials make up the Skechers Women's Reggae, which has a 1 1/4 inch heel and has a platform that measures 3/4 of an inch. It is very adjustable due to the triangle strap and it has an athletic design with a hook and loop fastening system.
Best Hiking Sandals for Kids
Made for the little ones, the Merrell Hydro Monarch is cool for kids of both genders and of any age. It uses a hook and loop strapping system and has a synthetic outsole. The ethylene foot bed makes it comfortable and the mesh keeps your child ventilated during the hike. The fresh lining also makes this footwear very breathable.
Best Hiking Sandals with Odor-Resistant Treatment
The Teva Men's Toachi 2 is also a good choice for men, especially if you will walk for many hours and don’t want to smell bad. It has odor-resistant qualities due to being coated in zinc-based microban treatment. You can stay stable on the trail with its TPU shank and its durable rubber outsole.
Best Hiking Sandals with an EVA Footbed
The ECCO Women's Yucatan is also a choice for women, bearing an EVA footbed and a midsole made of PU material. The rubber outsole makes it good in traction while the hook and loop closures are easy to fasten. Your ground impact is given the right support due to its Receptor technology.
There were others that were substandard in material, flimsy when it comes down to fastening them, and were also not very comfortable to wear. There are also size problems when fitting them, so we did not include them in this list.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the health benefits of going on a hiking trip?
A: If you go on a hiking trip, you are most likely to benefit your health with the following:
For adults who go on a hike:
· You put yourself at less risk for diabetes. This is important because it will help you live longer and without limits. People who are in their 40s can be at risk for diabetes and high blood sugar levels.
· An improved cardiovascular system will be the effect. This can strengthen your heart and endurance so those in their later years will have less likelihood of getting tired too easily.
· You will less likely have any form of cancer. This is one of the best benefits of any physical activity, because it can allow you to live longer with less likelihood of threatening lifetime diseases.
· There is less chance of getting stroke or coronary heart disease. This is important for those who wish to be with their loved ones longer, as any kind of heart disease can be life-threatening.
· It improves your muscles and overall strength. This is important because it can help you to stay strong for the ones that you love. Having better muscle strength even at an old age means you can do more things in life.
· You will be able to sleep better and more soundly through the night. If you have been plagued by insomnia or the inability to sleep soundly, you can do a physical activity like hiking to help you calm down and sleep better.
· It lengthens your lifespan. One of the best things to know about hiking is that it enhances your lifespan and it can allow you to life healthier for longer.
· You will feel better from your depression or anxiety problems. People who have been suffering from a heartbreak or anything that has been very depressing lately can go for a hike to relieve or reduce their problems, especially emotional ones.
· It increases and strengthens your bone density. Bone strength is important for adults, especially if they often go to work and they need to be strong. For old aged people and those in their 40s, they need to have good bone strength alongside muscle strength for other activities later in life.
· You can be burning up to 370 calories per hour, if you weigh somewhere at 150 lbs. If you feel like you want to work out but don’t want to do it at the gym, then hiking is a good form of exercise that can get your calories burning.
For kids who go on a hike:
· They will have a healthier heart and cardiovascular system. This is important because a healthier heart means that they will be able to do more things in their daily activities such as with school and playtime.
· Bone strength will be enhanced as well as muscular strength. This is important for their physical activities so that they will not easily get injured in the long run.
· They can be able to sleep better at night. Kids are known to be hyperactive so it is important for them to get proper sleeping habits while they are still young so they can carry this over in adulthood.
· They will be less likely to get high blood pressure. This is important so that they can reduce the likelihood of hypertension later in life
· It reduces their chances of diabetes and obesity later in life. This is important because it helps them to stay healthier later so they can have more self-esteem and live longer.
· They will be less prone to depression and anxiety, resulting in a happier child. This is important because some kids who can be prone to depression are those who experienced traumatic incidents, so they should be cheered up by activities such as hiking.
· It also enhances their motor skills and logical reasoning, especially for group hikes. If a child learns how to manage a group and use their thinking skills, they will adapt this later in life.
Q: How is hiking different from simply walking?
A: While hiking and walking might sound the same, they can actually be different from each other, such as with the following differences:
Surface you walk on
Natural trails such as forest, rocky terrain and the like.
Basically anywhere your feet lands upon.
What you wear
In hiking, you will most likely wear gear that you would normally wear on a camping trip, such as with protective clothing, hiking poles and the like to prepare for the action.
When you walk anywhere, you can dress up in any way that you want depending on the occasion.
Hiking is done on forest trails, mountain trails, reserves, parks and other natural areas.
Walking can be done anywhere – it’s natural human instinct and motor action.
What you bring
You basically carry a backpack that comes with an emergency kit, navigation tools and maybe a change of clothes or a sleeping bag or personal tent. You also bring your valuables such as your phone, money, cards, etc.
You only need to bring your essentials such as your wallet, phone, credit cards, etc. Some who walk also bring water bottles to quench their thirst.
Hiking burns more calories, especially because they are more difficult than just walking and often seek higher and more complex terrains.
Walking is normally done on flat land, hence it does not burn a lot of calories compared to hiking.
Q: What do thru-hikers bring versus backpackers?
A: To tell the difference between backpackers and thru-hikers, they usually bring the following necessities to their journey:
Usually ultralight cooking materials, a single pot and a small stove or cooker.
They can bring many pots, pans and cooking materials for their trip.
They will mostly carry a change of underwear, and rarely a change of clothes.
They will mostly carry more changes of clothes as with regular day-to-day packing.
Thru-hiking usually involves a thin pad to sleep on.
They can bring somewhere from a sleeping pad to an inflatable pad.
They may simply bring a tarp or a bivy sack instead.
It is common to find them sleeping in tents.
The quality of their sleeping bag is usually lighter.
They are mostly bringing a heavy duty sleeping bag.
Most thru-hikers don’t really bring luxury items with them.
Backpackers may sometimes bring luxury items but only if they are ultralight.
Q: What are the most important things you need for hiking?
A: If you go for a hike, you should prepare the following gear in order to be safe and ready:
A decent backpack – consider one that has back pads and strap pads for comfort. Adding a rain cover can make it okay to travel with in bad weather. There should be a quick access pocket somewhere for easily picking important items.
Comfortable footwear – this is important because comfortable footwear will get you to more places without sacrificing on your foot’s safety.
The right clothing – when venturing outdoors, you should avoid cotton when there is more likely chance of getting wet, sweating a lot or raining, because it’s pretty bad at drying easily.
Pack a bottle of water – when you get dehydrated, it can cause problems and you won’t last longer in the wilderness.
Q: How is camping different from hiking?
A: These two activities can be different, but they are both outdoor activities. Here is how to set them apart with their properties:
Hiking is mostly walking between long distances.
Camping focuses more on sleeping for the night on a certain remote area.
Q: How does hiking compare with mountaineering?
A: When you compare hiking with mountaineering, you get the following pros and cons:
Can be done by anyone with any fitness level.
Requires some moderate skill or fitness level in order to accomplish it.
It depends on how long or short you want it to be. Some can just go for a 1-hour walk.
Climbing up a mountain can be up to 6 hours long.
Hiking is usually easier.
Mountaineering is usually harder.
You can get injured in some hikes, but only if you’re not careful.
You can potentially get hypothermia and also fall off mountain ridges
Can give you a good amount of cardiovascular fitness.
It brings more benefits to your body compared to simply hiking and walking.
Hiking gear is usually cheaper than mountaineering gear.
Mountaineering gear can be quite expensive.
Hiking doesn’t require you to train for anything – you only need common sense and some basic survival skills.
Mountaineering should be done with proper training to avoid injuries.
Q: Where in the world can I find a good place to hike on?
A: There are so many great hiking spots all over the world that you might be confused on picking one, but here are some of the best hike trails you can go for:
Inca Trail – this is located in Peru
W Circuit in Torres de Paine National Park – located in Patagonia, Chile
Kilimanjaro – a popular destination located in Tanzania, Africa
Grand Canyon – nearly everybody knows about the beauty of the Grand Canyon, but going for a rim to rim hike for this awesome place in Arizona, can be a challenge but rewarding.
Yosemite National Park – going through one of the best parks in the world, located in California, is very rewarding as well, and can take you to many places and parts of the area such as the Cathedral Range and the John Muir Trail.
Bay of Fires – located in Tasmania, Australia
Kalalau Trail – this can be found in Kauai, Hawaii
Gros Morne National Park – this can be found in Newfoundland, Canada (pun intended) and it involves most hidden lakes. You can also turn your hike into a camping trip with its lush nature all over the place.
Scottish National Trail – this is one of the most difficult trails in the world, and is located in the United Kingdom.
Cinque Terre National Park – if you prefer Italy then this is a good place to start.
Q: What are the different kinds of sandals out there?
A: Different kinds of sandals exist depending on your preferred style, such as the following:
The gladiator is the most common and traditional type. They have a lot of straps that look like those things that gladiators in ancient Rome used to wear. They offer a lot of style and protection as well, but they can be a bit too complicated for some people.
The flip flop is the casual type, also called the step-in or slippers in some tropical countries. They are the simplest form and they are characterized by a y-strap on the front in which you slip your feet on. They are mostly made out of rubber material and some expensive ones are leather made.
The sport type is made for hiking and other outdoor recreational activities such as going to the beach and the like. They are mostly for rugged use and are mostly preferred by men due to their simplistic and rugged design. They usually come in black and with ergonomic patterns.
The wedge is mostly for the ladies, with a higher wedge heel and some straps, but not as much as the gladiator.
The evening type is also for the ladies because of its slim design of heels and profile, which is mostly used for parties, social gatherings and the like.
The t-strap is also mostly seen on ladies’ footwear and are mostly meant for formal use, such as for school, college, office work and the like. Some are also used for casual purposes such as going to the mall, to parties, to the beach, etc. They are more breathable than other ladies’ sandals.
In addition to these types, there are also other international and miscellaneous variants, such as the following:
· Zori – made in Japan, they make use of rubber, cloth, straw and leather, and are similar to flip flops in their design.
· Paduka – they are used in India and you will only see them worn by monks.
· Geta – another variant made in Japan, they have an elevated design for the thong and use wood for that part of the footwear.
· Caligae – this one is a type of footwear that was used by the centurions.
· Jipsin – made in Korea, they are a kind of straw material footwear.
· Grecian – they are a variant from Greece and are similar to the Roman or gladiator type, with many straps.
· Clogs – the soles of this kind of style are made of wood.
· Patten – if you usually walk on mud, you can use this kind of footwear.
Q: How do I choose hiking footwear properly?
A: There are certain criteria that you should know about when you want to consider any kind of hiking footwear, such as the following:
· What activity are you going to do it with?
· When will you do this activity?
· What’s your foot size and your foot shape?
· Will you be wearing socks? If so, what type?
· Will you be needing arch support?
· How will you be fastening your footwear?
Q: What makes hiking sandals different from regular ones?
A: This kind of footwear can be different from the other kinds of footwear based on the following properties:
It can be resistant to shock and rapid movements due to the presence of EVA material for the midsole, which is good for keeping you grounded on rough terrain.
It can have arch support, which is important for long distance hiking and walking. This is due to the foot bed having a unique shape that contours to your feet.
They are mostly lightweight to wear and to carry along, making them a staple and a favorite amongst UL or ultralight backpackers out there who want to hike as well.
The sturdiness of the sole part of the footwear is due to the Vibram material that protects your soles from the rough stuff on the bottom of the ground when you hike.
The waterproof quality of this kind of footwear is superb, compared to regular footwear, because it is supposed to be used on rough terrain, watery land and really treacherous paths.
They can have either too much or too little coverage, depending on how much you need protection or fresh air. Coverage is important for snowy terrain and cold weather.
Toe protection can be present on some of those hiking footwear, especially because your toes can be injured by small rocks and other stuff that can get in the way of your hike.
You can also use socks on these types of footwear. Socks can help protect your feet from the cold and are also good to keep your feet in form away from injury.
Q: What are some of the most common misconceptions and facts with trekking footwear?
A: There are some misconceptions as well as facts that can be associated with trekking footwear. Let's’ have a look at some of them:
Fact or Bluff
These kinds of footwear don’t have a lot of support compared to regular covered footwear.
Most of them can have thicker soles and other parts that can support your toes and your feet overall, so they actually give a lot of support.
They can maintain a cool temperature for your feet.
If you wear these kinds of footwear during the summer, they are great for cooling your feet.
They lack traction overall.
Not really true, because they are different from flip flops and other slippers. These footwear boast traction if they have a good outsole.
They can be used for crossing any river or body of water.
This is true, because these kinds of hiking footwear are usually waterproof in their material, and they may also dry quickly.
You might get more injuries on your hike when you use them.
You can actually get less injuries when you use them because they can still be protective yet give you breathability. It is just a matter of being much more careful.
They are usually more lightweight than other footwear.
Yes, they are very lightweight to wear and to carry around. They are also more breathable in material so they are great for the summer and for ultralight backpacking.
Q: What kinds of materials are used in making these types of footwear?
A: There are many kinds of materials for this footwear type, such as the following:
Synthetic materials are used for those who want to go through rivers and other wet environments. They are specifically better at keeping away moisture and water and they dry up quickly. They are also pretty durable with their design and they can be a good companion in muddy areas. If your trip involves a lot of wet areas and conditions then this is the kind of footwear material you should buy.
Leather is used for when you want to use your footwear for hot weather, since leather does not mix well with water and moisture. If you want to use something for the summer then leather is a good choice. These kinds of materials are one of the best in durability and they feel good on your skin, but make sure they are made with sustainable leather. They may also be hard to maintain due to being made of special material.
In addition to these materials, the following are the kinds of additional fabrics that may be added to the other parts of the footwear in order to make them more durable:
· Elastane – this one is used for adding stretching capability
· Lycra – this one is mostly used for sportswear
· Neoprene – this one is best used for water resistance
Q: What are the pros and cons of wearing sandals?
A: There can be many pros and cons that are associated with wearing this kind of footwear, such as the following:
· They can give a lot of breathability for your feet and can result in less likelihood of ingrown toenails that might hurt a lot.
· Your feet will smell better compared to using shoes.
· If you do get athlete’s foot, it will heal faster because your feet gets more breathability.
· You can use this kind of footwear for the beach and for most vacation spots.
· They can be easily worn so they can be worn in situations when you are too lazy to wear shoes yet want some ample protection and semi-formal wear for the outdoors.
· Some of them can be used in hiking, camping and other outdoor activities.
· There are some that don’t have a lot of arch support, so it is important that you get one that has this feature.
· You can still be prone to cuts because your feet are exposed, so you just need to be very careful when using them.
· They may not be ideal for people who suffer from diabetes because of the lack of circulation for their blood vessels and vascular system.
· Your feet can get sores if you strap them too tight, so make sure you pick the right size of footwear for your feet.
Q: Is it possible to wear socks with this trekking footwear?
A: Wearing socks is possible with this kind of hiking and trekking footwear, but here are some things that you may need to remember when styling with them:
· Only consider wearing them for casual use.
· You can also consider signature brands to make it more stylish.
· Brightly colored socks are good for street or casual style, but it also depends on your preferences.
· Knee-high socks can look awkward if you wear shorts – consider ankle-length instead.
Q: If I do want to wear socks on my footwear, what should I consider?
A: For those who want to wear socks while hiking, here are a few tips on how to choose the right one:
Does it fit well on your feet? This is to make sure that it will less likely to cause blisters on your feet. Improperly fitting socks also make it uncomfortable for longer wearing periods.
Is the fabric durable and comfortable? Most socks make use of merino wool for the high quality ones, but some can also be made of nylon and polyester materials.
Will it have good comfort and warmth for your feet? Consider one that has enough cushioning so that your feet will stay cozy for your entire trip.
What is the height of the sock? A higher height can be great for adding protection so that your feet will make abrasion less likely to happen between your shoes and legs.
Q: How are they different from flip flops?
A: You can tell the difference between flip flops and these kinds of footwear with the following:
They offer less coverage.
They offer more coverage.
Flip flops can be made out of various materials, with the most common being rubber. Others can be made of natural materials such as cotton and hemp, as well as coconut husks.
They can be made of various types of materials, such as rubber and leather. In other countries, traditional ones are made of ropes, tatami and wood material.
Flip flops are typically found in tropical and hot countries, such as in Asia, like the Philippines, India, Vietnam and Pakistan.
They can be worn on nearly all sorts of countries, as long as the weather is fine. Specially designed ones can be worn on some rainy or cold weather. Traditional ones come from countries such as Rome, Greece, Japan and Korea.
They may not be suitable for hiking because of their less durable construction.
They are very ideal for hiking because of their breathable and durable construction.
Q: When in a group hike, why should food supplies be divided?
A: You should divide your food supplies if ever you hike in a group because it can help when any of you gets lost. For instance, one group in your team does not know when and where to get back to the campsite, and you don’t have a lot of communication – at least they have food/water. They can also get separated by an emergency such as a natural disaster, in which case they need to have supplies as well.
Q: What are things I can wear and not wear when visiting most hike sites?
A: There are certain restrictions as well as inconveniences when you wear or don’t wear something, and here are some things that you should wear and not wear when you go for a hike:
You should wear the following:
· Long pants – for protection against abrasions and cold weather
· Long sleeves – for protecting your skin against the UV rays of the sun
· Layered clothing – for when the weather gets tough
· Light colors – for visibility and for seeing if insects are on you
· Hat – for covering your head in any weather condition
· Sunglasses – for protecting your eyes from the sun and other debris
· Wristwatch – to know the time of the day, so you’ll know when to camp
You should not wear the following:
· Cotton clothing – cotton is pretty bad at moisture wicking, hence it’s no good for hiking
· Perfume scents – insects can go near and feast on you
· Dark colors – you won’t easily see insects and critters if they are on you
Q: Why should I keep away from wildlife when hiking?
A: When hiking near wildlife, it is important to keep your safe distance because of the following:
· Some animals can potentially hurt, poison, injure or cause fatalities.
· Their habitat can potentially be disturbed by humans.
Q: How are they different from water sandals?
A: Water footwear can be different because of the following:
· They are better and more suited for swimming and going to the beach.
· Wade fishers are also better off with them instead of regular ones.
· They can also function as regular footwear when not near bodies of water.
· Due to their properties and lack of traction, they may not be suitable for hiking.
Wrapping It Up
In the long run, we think that the Teva Men's Hurricane is our pick for the best hiking sandals due to its good outsole material, perfectly designed heel and platform as well as its excellent traction for the trail.